Fry, Van Sant among gay directors at Toronto festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 21 2003 12:00 AM ET
The high-profile Toronto International Film Festival announced its lineup Tuesday, and many gay and gay-inclusive films will be featured at this year's event, which runs September 4-13. Out directors Stephen Fry and Gus Van Sant will present Bright Young Things and Elephant, respectively, while Emile Gaudreault's popular coming-out comedy Mambo Italiano also screens. Denys Arcand's Cannes-honored The Barbarian Invasions, about a group of gay and straight friends, will screen in the Gala section, and Richard Linklater's School of Rock, written by out writer-actor Mike White, will have a plum spot as well.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'