Fry, Van Sant among gay directors at Toronto festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 20 2003 11:00 PM ET
The high-profile Toronto International Film Festival announced its lineup Tuesday, and many gay and gay-inclusive films will be featured at this year's event, which runs September 4-13. Out directors Stephen Fry and Gus Van Sant will present Bright Young Things and Elephant, respectively, while Emile Gaudreault's popular coming-out comedy Mambo Italiano also screens. Denys Arcand's Cannes-honored The Barbarian Invasions, about a group of gay and straight friends, will screen in the Gala section, and Richard Linklater's School of Rock, written by out writer-actor Mike White, will have a plum spot as well.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?