Fry, Van Sant among gay directors at Toronto festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 20 2003 11:00 PM ET
The high-profile Toronto International Film Festival announced its lineup Tuesday, and many gay and gay-inclusive films will be featured at this year's event, which runs September 4-13. Out directors Stephen Fry and Gus Van Sant will present Bright Young Things and Elephant, respectively, while Emile Gaudreault's popular coming-out comedy Mambo Italiano also screens. Denys Arcand's Cannes-honored The Barbarian Invasions, about a group of gay and straight friends, will screen in the Gala section, and Richard Linklater's School of Rock, written by out writer-actor Mike White, will have a plum spot as well.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View