Adam Shankman hooks up with The Other Guy
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 23 2003 12:00 AM ET
The Walt Disney Co. has picked up the comedy pitch The Other Guy from the writing duo of David Wagner and Brent Goldberg (National Lampoon's Van Wilder,) who will team with openly gay Bringing Down the House director Adam Shankman to bring the picture to life. Shankman is set to produce through his Offspring Entertainment banner with an eye toward directing the film, which revolves around a couple who separate after 25 years of marriage. When the wife moves in with her friend in the heart of New York City, she meets a 21-year-old model who quickly puts the moves on her. But when her husband finds out that she's dating the much younger man, he does everything he can to win her back.
Wagner and Goldberg have a number of other projects in the works. They have written The Underclassman--which is set up at Miramax, with Nick Cannon attached to star--as well as New Regency's The Girl Next Door and Miramax's Eddie Griffin comedy My Baby's Mama, directed by out filmmaker Cheryl Dunye, which is due for an early 2004 release.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'