Adam Shankman hooks up with The Other Guy
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 23 2003 12:00 AM ET
The Walt Disney Co. has picked up the comedy pitch The Other Guy from the writing duo of David Wagner and Brent Goldberg (National Lampoon's Van Wilder,) who will team with openly gay Bringing Down the House director Adam Shankman to bring the picture to life. Shankman is set to produce through his Offspring Entertainment banner with an eye toward directing the film, which revolves around a couple who separate after 25 years of marriage. When the wife moves in with her friend in the heart of New York City, she meets a 21-year-old model who quickly puts the moves on her. But when her husband finds out that she's dating the much younger man, he does everything he can to win her back.
Wagner and Goldberg have a number of other projects in the works. They have written The Underclassman--which is set up at Miramax, with Nick Cannon attached to star--as well as New Regency's The Girl Next Door and Miramax's Eddie Griffin comedy My Baby's Mama, directed by out filmmaker Cheryl Dunye, which is due for an early 2004 release.
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Neil Patrick Harris, Behind the Shoot 21 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Why Are a Higher Percentage of Native Americans Dying from AIDS Complications Than Any Other Group? 2 hours 14 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Lorde Is Not Having Your Stupid Lesbian Joke 2 hours 40 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: In Defense of Looking 7:00 AM
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 6:01 AM
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 5:00 AM
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM