Adam Shankman hooks up with The Other Guy
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 22 2003 11:00 PM ET
The Walt Disney Co. has picked up the comedy pitch The Other Guy from the writing duo of David Wagner and Brent Goldberg (National Lampoon's Van Wilder,) who will team with openly gay Bringing Down the House director Adam Shankman to bring the picture to life. Shankman is set to produce through his Offspring Entertainment banner with an eye toward directing the film, which revolves around a couple who separate after 25 years of marriage. When the wife moves in with her friend in the heart of New York City, she meets a 21-year-old model who quickly puts the moves on her. But when her husband finds out that she's dating the much younger man, he does everything he can to win her back.
Wagner and Goldberg have a number of other projects in the works. They have written The Underclassman--which is set up at Miramax, with Nick Cannon attached to star--as well as New Regency's The Girl Next Door and Miramax's Eddie Griffin comedy My Baby's Mama, directed by out filmmaker Cheryl Dunye, which is due for an early 2004 release.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM