Venerable British soap Coronation Street to feature first gay kiss
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 23 2003 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that the long-running British soap opera Coronation Street will feature the first gay kiss in its 43-year-history. On the October 5 episode, the character of Todd Grimshaw (played by Bruno Langley) will kiss Nick Tilsley (Adam Rickitt), the brother of Todd's girlfriend, Sarah. A spokeswoman for the ITV show told the BBC, "Todd has been questioning his sexuality for some time. He makes a pass at Nick and leans forward to kiss him, but it's not reciprocated. This is going to cause a number of problems for his girlfriend, Sarah." She added, "This is not a case of saying we need to introduce a gay character. The story line came naturally out of the character. It is being handled extremely sensitively."
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'