Fine Line Features to release John Waters's A Dirty Shame
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 19 2003 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that Fine Line Features has secured worldwide rights to John Waters's new comedy A Dirty Shame, which stars Tracey Ullman as a convenience store owner who becomes a sex addict after suffering a concussion. The deal returns Waters to the fold of New Line Cinema, the company that released most of his films, including Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble, Desperate Living, Polyester, Hairspray, and Pecker. The film will also star Chris Isaak (replacing Paul Giamatti, who dropped out), Selma Blair, and Johnny Knoxville. "This is about as close to the iconoclasm of John's early films as you can get," New Line cochair and co-CEO Bob Shaye told Variety. "We're very proud and excited to have John back in the fold."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model