Lesbian-themed comic strip "Jane's World" to make mainstream newspaper debut
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 19 2003 11:00 PM ET
Paige Braddock's "Jane's World" will be the first comic strip featuring a lead gay character to appear in mainstream newspapers when The Atlanta Journal-Constitution begins a test run of the strip on Sunday, September 21. The move comes surprisingly on the heels of the newspaper's recent published apology over running a front-page photo of Madonna and Britney Spears kissing at the recent MTV Video Music Awards. Online readers can find "Jane's World" at the AJC Web site or in its usual home at United Media's Comics.com site.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 11 min 15 sec ago
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 18 min 49 sec ago
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 59 min 23 sec ago
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 1 hour 56 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 2 hours 10 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 2 hours 28 min ago
- Women Pussy Riot To Be Freed 2 hours 42 min ago