William H. Macy and out director Steven Schachter to reteam for Belle of Indiana
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 29 2003 11:00 PM ET
Actor William H. Macy and out director Steven Schachter--whose collaboration on TNT's Door to Door netted a total of six Emmy awards earlier this month--are reuniting on the psychological thriller Belle of Indiana. Set in rural Indiana during the early 1900s, the indie feature centers on Belle, who is deserted by her husband, and Jennie, Belle's ward, who is prone to wild behavior. After trying to run the farm on their own, the duo advertise for a male employee only to have an endless supply of handsome farmhands show up. However, the men soon end up disappearing one by one. Macy is attached to star in the film, with Schachter on board to direct from a script he cowrote with Janet Faust. Macy and Schachter are also teaming on the recently announced Gigot for TNT, a redo of the 1962 Jackie Gleason vehicle.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View