Palm Pictures acquires Leigh Bowery documentary
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 11 2003 12:00 AM ET
Palm Pictures and in-house label Arthouse Films have acquired worldwide distribution rights to Charles Atlas's documentary The Legend of Leigh Bowery. The films follows the life of fashion designer and '80s gay club icon Leigh Bowery, who played host at legendary London nightclub Taboo. (Boy George will play Bowery in the upcoming Broadway musical Taboo.) Palm is planning a November 21 release in New York for the film, which explores Bowery's outrageous and rebellious lifestyle as an artists' muse, Taboo habitue, and costume designer for the Michael Clark Dance Co., juxtaposed with his strict religious upbringing.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'