Paula Vogel to write new play for NYC's Signature Theatre Company
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 30 2003 1:00 AM ET
Playbill.com reports that lesbian playwright Paula Vogel (How I Learned to Drive) will write a new play for New York City's Signature Theatre Company's 2004-2005 season, which will be dedicated to Vogel's stage works. "What I am hoping to do is, in the spring, write a new play," Vogel told the Web site. "I'm not even sure what it is yet." The new play is expected to premiere in the spring of 2005 as the third of three Vogel plays presented by Signature. Her new piece The Oldest Profession was recently presented as a reading at the Provincetown Theatre Company, and The Long Christmas Ride Home is currently in previews at New York's Vineyard Theatre. Other plays by Vogel--who is also a professor at Brown University--include The Mineola Twins, Desdemona, And Baby Makes Seven, and The Baltimore Waltz.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign