McKellen says X-Men series speaks to "young gays"
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 07 2003 12:00 AM ET
U.K.-based Channel 4 News reports that out actor Sir Ian McKellen will happily appear in a third X-Men movie, as the actor feels the films have something to say to "disaffected" youth. Speaking at Tuesday's British Independent Film Awards, McKellen said, "X-Men and its story about mutants, about people who are disaffected with society, and whom society is hard on, appeals most to young blacks, young Jews, and young gays. That's why I did the movie, and that's why I intend to do the third one, if it happens."
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 2 hours 8 min ago
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 2 hours 53 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM