Judge lifts temporary restraining order against Die Mommie Die!
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 11 2003 12:00 AM ET
At a preliminary injunction hearing in Los Angeles on Friday, U.S. district judge Percy Anderson ordered that the temporary restraining order effective since October 31 against the film Die Mommie Die! be dissolved and the application for the preliminary injunction be denied. After watching the film and reviewing the evidence submitted by out actor-playwright Charles Busch regarding the genesis of his screenplay for the film, Anderson concluded that there were no substantial similarities of protectable expression between the script submitted by plaintiff Charles Casillo and Busch's screenplay. The temporary restraining order required that Casillo receive a credit on all exhibition, promotion, and advertising of the film, but those credits are now no longer required.
Busch said in a statement, "I always had confidence that the judge, on seeing Die Mommie Die! and reviewing all evidence, would realize that there was no basis for the injunction." The film is showing in 10 cities across the United States as part of the Sundance Film Series.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights December 08 2013 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM