Has ESPN called a time-out on Playmakers?
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 13 2003 1:00 AM ET
The New York Post's Page Six column reports that Tuesday's season finale of the gay-inclusive football drama Playmakers might have been the last episode ever. According to the column, ESPN is folding under pressure from the National Football League, which doesn't appreciate the show's portrayal of pro players as drug users and wife-beaters. (Page Six doesn't mention what the NFL thinks about the show's gay player, portrayed by Daniel Petronijevic.) Insiders tell the column that the network has pulled the plug on the show rather than lose its lucrative contracts for NFL coverage, but an ESPN rep told the Post that no decision on the show's future has yet been made.
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Couple Plead Guilty to Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- Dallas Airport Attacker Unlikely to Face Hate Crime Charges
- The LGBT Films of AFI Fest 2014