The Reagans to premiere November 30 on Showtime
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 18 2003 1:00 AM ET
Showtime announced Monday that it would air the controversial film The Reagans on Sunday, November 30. CBS came under fire for its recent decision not to air the miniseries, a decision that some critics characterized as buckling under pressure from conservative groups. Out executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron as well as director and co-executive producer Robert Allan Ackerman said in a statement, "We are grateful that Showtime has agreed to air The Reagans. As filmmakers, we are pleased that our final version of the movie will be presented. We are proud to live in a country where everyone, including artists and writers, has the right of free speech." For showtimes and more information visit www.sho.com.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown