German Queer Eye launches, with a few changes
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 20 2003 1:00 AM ET
Weekly Variety reports that German network RTL2 has begun showing that nation's version of the popular Queer Eye for the Straight Guy: Schwul macht cool! Die fabelhaften Vier (Queer Is Cool! The Fabulous Four) made its debut on November 10. While the "hip gay guys help clueless hetero dude" format is the same, the show features a few differences. There are just four lifestyle experts involved, and several of them appear to be in their 40s. The head of production company Tresor TV denies that his show is ripping off the Bravo hit. Holger Roost-Macias claims he knew nothing about Queer Eye until after RTL2 commissioned the show.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Artist Spotlight: Julian Hsiung
- Op-ed: The Slow Death of Gay Gathering Places May Be Aiding HIV