German Queer Eye launches, with a few changes
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 20 2003 12:00 AM ET
Weekly Variety reports that German network RTL2 has begun showing that nation's version of the popular Queer Eye for the Straight Guy: Schwul macht cool! Die fabelhaften Vier (Queer Is Cool! The Fabulous Four) made its debut on November 10. While the "hip gay guys help clueless hetero dude" format is the same, the show features a few differences. There are just four lifestyle experts involved, and several of them appear to be in their 40s. The head of production company Tresor TV denies that his show is ripping off the Bravo hit. Holger Roost-Macias claims he knew nothing about Queer Eye until after RTL2 commissioned the show.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model