Dan Bucatinsky and Lisa Kudrow to executive-produce new sitcom
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 03 2003 1:00 AM ET
Friends costar Lisa Kudrow and Aisha Tyler, who recently had a recurring role on the hit sitcom, are staying close friends with a workplace comedy set up at CBS. Tyler will star in the project, which is described as being in the vein of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Kudrow will serve as an executive producer. Grounded for Life creators Bill Martin and Mike Schiff have come on board to write the pilot. "Basically, it's about a woman trying to maintain her sanity and self-respect in a modern corporate environment," said Martin. Tyler hosted E! Entertainment's Talk Soup. Her feature credits include The Santa Clause 2 and the upcoming Meet Market.
"We'll try to fashion a show around Aisha, capitalizing on her smart, fun, sophisticated, accessible personality," said Kudrow's out production partner, Dan Bucatinsky (All Over the Guy). When Kudrow and Bucatinsky launched their Is or Isn't Entertainment banner in May, "the first business we wanted to pursue was Aisha," Kudrow said. "She grabbed my and everybody's attention because she is such a great actress. She is smart and warm; it is an incredible combination." Kudrow, who is wrapping the 10th and final season of Friends, next appears on the big screen in Happy Endings.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers