DeGeneres Show gets unanimous support from NBC stations
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 09 2003 1:00 AM ET
Ellen DeGeneres received an early Christmas present from NBC when all 14 television stations owned and operated by the network agreed to pick up the second season of her talk show, The Hollywood Reporter reported on Monday. The deal means that The Ellen DeGeneres Show's 2004-2005 season is already guaranteed to be available in more than 60% of the country and in 19 out of the top 20 markets (including deals with other stations).
The second season of the five-days-a-week daytime chatfest is now sold in more than 50 television markets in all, according to the Reporter.
"We couldn't be more pleased with our partnership with NBC on Ellen," said Warner Bros. television executive Dick Robertson. "This series has proved to be the right fit for them, attracting the upscale, young audience that watches their stations. NBC has done everything that they can to support the successful launch of the show, and we are delighted that our partnership will continue."
Ratings for The Ellen DeGeneres Show were strong in the important "sweeps" month of November, averaging a 2.8 rating (about 3 million viewers) and an 8 share (representing 8% of all households watching television at that time).
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 6 min 2 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Australia's Sexy New Lesbian Web Series Starting From ... Now! 59 min 21 sec ago
- Television 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever 1 hour 40 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris 1 hour 45 min ago
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 2:57 PM
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 2:18 PM
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court UPDATED: 2:12 PM