Indian filmmaker Riyad Wadia dead at 36
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 17 2003 1:00 AM ET
Indian filmmaker Riyad Wadia, one of the country's first directors to deal with homosexuality, died November 30 at the age of 36. His films include BOMgAY, a series of vignettes exploring gay identity in contemporary India; A Mermaid Called Aida, a documentary on famous Indian transsexual Aida Banaji; and Fearless: The Hunterwali Story, an award-winning documentary about his great aunt, stuntwoman Nadia Wadia. (Wadia's family had been involved with Bollywood film production since the 1930s.)
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel