Wellspring acquires latest from André Téchiné
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 23 2003 1:00 AM ET
Independent distributor Wellspring has acquired all U.S. rights to out French writer-director André Téchiné's latest effort, Strayed, starring Emmanuelle Béart. Based on Gilles Perrault's best-selling novel, the film premiered this year in Cannes. Wellspring is eyeing an August release for the film, a period piece that follows a young widowed schoolteacher who flees the German occupation of Paris with her children. During their escape, the family meets a charismatic teenager who helps them survive in the wilderness.
Téchiné's credits include the Catherine Deneuve films Thieves and Ma Saison Préferée and Alice et Martin, starring Juliette Binoche. Strayed is a French-British coproduction, which was sold through the Wild Bunch sales banner.
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed