Eddie Izzard to star in Macbeth on Broadway
January 29 2004 1:00 AM ET
Cross-dressing performer Eddie Izzard has announced that he will play the lead role in a Broadway production of Shakespeare's Macbeth, which is set to open in 2006. Playbill.com reports that Victoria Hamilton, who played opposite Izzard in an acclaimed revival of Peter Nichols's A Day in the Death of Joe Egg, will play Lady Macbeth. No producers or directors have yet been attached. The most recent production of "the Scottish play" on Broadway was a recent short-lived run starring Kelsey Grammer.
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party