Eddie Izzard to star in Macbeth on Broadway
January 29 2004 12:00 AM ET
Cross-dressing performer Eddie Izzard has announced that he will play the lead role in a Broadway production of Shakespeare's Macbeth, which is set to open in 2006. Playbill.com reports that Victoria Hamilton, who played opposite Izzard in an acclaimed revival of Peter Nichols's A Day in the Death of Joe Egg, will play Lady Macbeth. No producers or directors have yet been attached. The most recent production of "the Scottish play" on Broadway was a recent short-lived run starring Kelsey Grammer.
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- BREAKING: New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- Women Op-ed: Silencing a #SharedGirlHood on Social Media 2 hours 15 min ago
- Politics Putin's Top Priority: 'Equal Terms' for Olympic Athletes 2 hours 20 min ago
- Travel Wanna Go to the SAG Awards in L.A.? 2 hours 24 min ago
- Activism HRC Donates $100K to Support Russian LGBTs 2 hours 32 min ago
- Religion Pastor Defrocked for Performing Son's Same-Sex Marriage 2 hours 56 min ago
- Women WATCH: Who's in the Mood for a Jennifer Lawrence / Butt Plug story? 2:33 PM
- Women WATCH: Out Sochi Olympics Delegate Caitlin Cahow On Going to Russia 1:56 PM