Eddie Izzard to star in Macbeth on Broadway
January 29 2004 1:00 AM ET
Cross-dressing performer Eddie Izzard has announced that he will play the lead role in a Broadway production of Shakespeare's Macbeth, which is set to open in 2006. Playbill.com reports that Victoria Hamilton, who played opposite Izzard in an acclaimed revival of Peter Nichols's A Day in the Death of Joe Egg, will play Lady Macbeth. No producers or directors have yet been attached. The most recent production of "the Scottish play" on Broadway was a recent short-lived run starring Kelsey Grammer.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People