Eddie Izzard to star in Macbeth on Broadway
January 29 2004 1:00 AM ET
Cross-dressing performer Eddie Izzard has announced that he will play the lead role in a Broadway production of Shakespeare's Macbeth, which is set to open in 2006. Playbill.com reports that Victoria Hamilton, who played opposite Izzard in an acclaimed revival of Peter Nichols's A Day in the Death of Joe Egg, will play Lady Macbeth. No producers or directors have yet been attached. The most recent production of "the Scottish play" on Broadway was a recent short-lived run starring Kelsey Grammer.
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Abby Wambach on Winning, her Wife, and the Elusive World Cup
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights