Queen's "We Will Rock You" voted Britain's favorite rock anthem
February 07 2004 1:00 AM ET
More than 30 years after the strains of "We Will Rock You" first got fans clapping and flailing their arms in the air, Queen are still the most popular rockers in Britain. In a survey by UCI Cinemas among 1,000 moviegoers, "We Will Rock You" was voted Britain's favorite rock anthem, with the band's "Bohemian Rhapsody" following in second place. It was the second big pop compliment of the year for Queen. Britney Spears, Beyonce, and Pink have just recorded a cover version of "We Will Rock You" for a Pepsi advertisement.
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series