Rent becomes Broadway's 10th longest-running show
February 10 2004 12:00 AM ET
The Tuesday, February 10, performance of Rent will bring the musical to 3,243 performances, at which point the show will surpass Fiddler on the Roof to become Broadway's 10th longest-running show. (In June, Rent will overcome Grease for the number 9 slot.) Inspired by Puccini's La Bohéme, the musical tells the story of gays, straights, lesbians, and people with AIDS struggling with their lives, their loves, and their art in contemporary New York City. Rent currently plays Monday, Tuesday, Thursday through Saturday at 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m., and Sunday at 7 p.m. at the Nederlander theater, 208 W. 41st St. Call (212) 307-4100 for tickets.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Op-ed: How Tom Saved Finland