Rent becomes Broadway's 10th longest-running show
February 10 2004 1:00 AM ET
The Tuesday, February 10, performance of Rent will bring the musical to 3,243 performances, at which point the show will surpass Fiddler on the Roof to become Broadway's 10th longest-running show. (In June, Rent will overcome Grease for the number 9 slot.) Inspired by Puccini's La Bohéme, the musical tells the story of gays, straights, lesbians, and people with AIDS struggling with their lives, their loves, and their art in contemporary New York City. Rent currently plays Monday, Tuesday, Thursday through Saturday at 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m., and Sunday at 7 p.m. at the Nederlander theater, 208 W. 41st St. Call (212) 307-4100 for tickets.
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man
- 10 Mushy Moments With Brittney Griner And Glory Johnson
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City