Paramount to produce Todd Haynes's Bob Dylan biopic
February 11 2004 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Paramount Pictures will produce Todd Haynes's next film, which is about the life of Bob Dylan. Haynes is currently writing I'm Not There: Suppositions on a Film Concerning Dylan in his Oregon home, and Paramount will produce with Killer Films and John Wells Productions. Christine Vachon of Killer told Variety, "The film is going to be inspired by Dylan's music and his ability to re-create and reimagine himself time and again." Dylan has licensed music rights to the forthcoming film.
Previous reports stated that Dylan would be played, at various points in the film, by a woman and by an African-American child. In February 2003, Haynes told BBC News, "Bob Dylan is somebody who has continued to reject all of the various personas that he has embodied over the years. [He] continues to move forward by discarding himself, so my idea is to put together a film of multiple characters and tell their stories simultaneously."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media