William Finn in, Jill Sobule out at the Signature Theatre
February 13 2004 1:00 AM ET
Playbill.com reports that Elegies, a song cycle of odes to the dearly departed written by William Finn (Falsettoland), will take the place of out singer-songwriter Jill Sobule's The Next Gig at Arlington, Va.'s Signature Theatre. The Sobule show, which had been scheduled to run March 23-May 9, was canceled due to a professional conflict the singer had, according to a spokesperson for the Signature. Those dates will now be occupied by Finn's show that, although it deals with the death of people close to the playwright, is said to be a buoyant and uplifting piece of theater.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar