William Finn in, Jill Sobule out at the Signature Theatre
February 13 2004 12:00 AM ET
Playbill.com reports that Elegies, a song cycle of odes to the dearly departed written by William Finn (Falsettoland), will take the place of out singer-songwriter Jill Sobule's The Next Gig at Arlington, Va.'s Signature Theatre. The Sobule show, which had been scheduled to run March 23-May 9, was canceled due to a professional conflict the singer had, according to a spokesperson for the Signature. Those dates will now be occupied by Finn's show that, although it deals with the death of people close to the playwright, is said to be a buoyant and uplifting piece of theater.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'