William Finn in, Jill Sobule out at the Signature Theatre
February 13 2004 1:00 AM ET
Playbill.com reports that Elegies, a song cycle of odes to the dearly departed written by William Finn (Falsettoland), will take the place of out singer-songwriter Jill Sobule's The Next Gig at Arlington, Va.'s Signature Theatre. The Sobule show, which had been scheduled to run March 23-May 9, was canceled due to a professional conflict the singer had, according to a spokesperson for the Signature. Those dates will now be occupied by Finn's show that, although it deals with the death of people close to the playwright, is said to be a buoyant and uplifting piece of theater.
- Op-ed: The Fine Line Between Gay Pride and Alcoholism
- Hot Sheet: Steaming Hot Outfest
- WATCH: Fox News Discovers Viewers Not as Transphobic as Hosts
- Op-ed: Christian Schools Like Gordon College Don't Need a License to Discriminate
- Department of Education Offers Antitrans University a 'Religious Exemption'
- Laverne Cox: The Making of an Icon