William Finn in, Jill Sobule out at the Signature Theatre
February 13 2004 1:00 AM ET
Playbill.com reports that Elegies, a song cycle of odes to the dearly departed written by William Finn (Falsettoland), will take the place of out singer-songwriter Jill Sobule's The Next Gig at Arlington, Va.'s Signature Theatre. The Sobule show, which had been scheduled to run March 23-May 9, was canceled due to a professional conflict the singer had, according to a spokesperson for the Signature. Those dates will now be occupied by Finn's show that, although it deals with the death of people close to the playwright, is said to be a buoyant and uplifting piece of theater.
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media