William Finn in, Jill Sobule out at the Signature Theatre
February 13 2004 1:00 AM ET
Playbill.com reports that Elegies, a song cycle of odes to the dearly departed written by William Finn (Falsettoland), will take the place of out singer-songwriter Jill Sobule's The Next Gig at Arlington, Va.'s Signature Theatre. The Sobule show, which had been scheduled to run March 23-May 9, was canceled due to a professional conflict the singer had, according to a spokesperson for the Signature. Those dates will now be occupied by Finn's show that, although it deals with the death of people close to the playwright, is said to be a buoyant and uplifting piece of theater.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- POLL: Americans Prefer Gay President to Evangelical or Tea Partier
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs