Jane Anderson to direct The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio
February 20 2004 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out filmmaker Jane Anderson (Normal, If These Walls Could Talk 2) will adapt and direct The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio for Robert Zemeckis's ImageMovers company at DreamWorks. Defiance was Terry Ryan's memoir about growing up in a family that was kept from total poverty by her mother's winning contests for ad slogans and jingles from various consumer product manufacturers. Anderson will tackle the film after writing and directing The Wife, based on Meg Wolitzer's novel, for Fine Line Features.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69
- Judge Rules Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Keep Living in Sewers
- WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer'
- Commentary Op-ed: No One Is Invincible 1 hour 26 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down 1 hour 26 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Everything You Need to Know About PrEP 1 hour 30 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Transmit HIV Through Oral Sex? 1 hour 42 min ago
- Current Issue Derek Jarman's Alternative to The New Gay Credo 2 hours 26 min ago
- Archives From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69 2 hours 27 min ago
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 4:00 AM