Queen musical We Will Rock You coming to Las Vegas
February 25 2004 1:00 AM ET
We Will Rock You, the stage musical based on the songs of Queen, will open in Las Vegas September 8, according to Variety. The show, which will be coproduced by the band's Brian May and Roger Taylor along with Robert DeNiro, will open in a 1,450-seat venue at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel. We Will Rock You contains 25 hit songs by Queen, including "Bohemian Rhapsody," "We Are the Champions," "Another One Bites the Dust," and "Crazy Little Thing Called Love." The show began when DeNiro's production partner Jane Rosenthal approached the surviving bandmates about buying the life story of Queen's gay lead singer, Freddy Mercury. That approach was nixed, but the musicians said they were interested in mounting a musical. The show, which premiered in London in 2002, is currently running in Melbourne and Madrid, with additional productions in Sydney, Moscow, and Cologne slated to open before the end of the year.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?