No wedding bells for Elton John just yet
March 04 2004 12:00 AM ET
Don't start shopping for a wedding gift for Elton John just yet. The singer said that while he supports same-sex marriage, reports are untrue that he plans to wed his longtime partner, David Furnish. "David and I are in favor of gay marriage but have no plans to get married," John said in a statement Wednesday. His comments come less than a week after Rosie O'Donnell and her longtime girlfriend, Kelli O'Donnell, became the most high-profile gay couple to marry in San Francisco. They're among the thousands of same-sex couples who've tied the knot there in the past several weeks.
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- WATCH: The Best From 6 Olympic Gay Divers
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court 1 hour 1 min ago
- HIV & AIDS There Are Other Ways to Prevent HIV Besides Condoms 1 hour 3 min ago
- HIV & AIDS The Crisis in Prevention for the Gay Community 1 hour 5 min ago
- Entertainment News Listen to The Sound Of Music Live Soundtrack with Carrie Underwood 2 hours 6 min ago
- Travel Berlin's Best Neighborhoods: A Primer 2 hours 11 min ago
- Entertainment News James Franco Teases 50 Shades of Batman & Robin 2 hours 57 min ago
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: 'It Really Was Love at First Sight' 10:32 AM