No wedding bells for Elton John just yet
March 04 2004 1:00 AM ET
Don't start shopping for a wedding gift for Elton John just yet. The singer said that while he supports same-sex marriage, reports are untrue that he plans to wed his longtime partner, David Furnish. "David and I are in favor of gay marriage but have no plans to get married," John said in a statement Wednesday. His comments come less than a week after Rosie O'Donnell and her longtime girlfriend, Kelli O'Donnell, became the most high-profile gay couple to marry in San Francisco. They're among the thousands of same-sex couples who've tied the knot there in the past several weeks.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer'
- WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time
- 'Tranny Awards' Changes Its Name, Not Its Nature
- S.C. House Approves Budget Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula
- Television First Look: OITNB Season 2 4 min 51 sec ago
- Transgender 'Tranny Awards' Changes Its Name, Not Its Nature 35 min 4 sec ago
- Love and Sex WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time 37 min 38 sec ago
- Women Why You Need to See Demi Lovato's Neon Lights Tour STAT 43 min 51 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Young Repubs Express Big Support for Marriage Equality 1 hour 3 min ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 1 hour 7 min ago
- Women 5 Reasons to Watch CW's Arrow and 'Quiver!' 1 hour 7 min ago