No wedding bells for Elton John just yet
March 04 2004 1:00 AM ET
Don't start shopping for a wedding gift for Elton John just yet. The singer said that while he supports same-sex marriage, reports are untrue that he plans to wed his longtime partner, David Furnish. "David and I are in favor of gay marriage but have no plans to get married," John said in a statement Wednesday. His comments come less than a week after Rosie O'Donnell and her longtime girlfriend, Kelli O'Donnell, became the most high-profile gay couple to marry in San Francisco. They're among the thousands of same-sex couples who've tied the knot there in the past several weeks.
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Schools Gayle King on Respect for Gender Identity