No wedding bells for Elton John just yet
March 04 2004 1:00 AM ET
Don't start shopping for a wedding gift for Elton John just yet. The singer said that while he supports same-sex marriage, reports are untrue that he plans to wed his longtime partner, David Furnish. "David and I are in favor of gay marriage but have no plans to get married," John said in a statement Wednesday. His comments come less than a week after Rosie O'Donnell and her longtime girlfriend, Kelli O'Donnell, became the most high-profile gay couple to marry in San Francisco. They're among the thousands of same-sex couples who've tied the knot there in the past several weeks.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'