Roy Horn gets back on his feet
March 04 2004 1:00 AM ET
Five months after he was mauled by a tiger, illusionist Roy Horn, of Siegfried and Roy, is able to walk again with the help of a wheeled walking aid, a spokeswoman for the duo said Tuesday. Horn, 59, managed to walk 558 paces last week with the assistance of the device, spokeswoman Claudia Dressler said from Munich, Germany, adding that he has "strong willpower" and is training intensively. Horn was mauled by a 300-pound white tiger in Las Vegas on October 3. His partner, German-born magician Siegfried Fischbacher, has downplayed Horn's injuries from the attack, describing the illusionist's wound as "a little punch hole" on the left side of his neck. Fischbacher has said a stroke Horn suffered afterward resulted from blood pressure medication that sometimes made him feel faint. MGM Mirage officials say Horn has a long recovery ahead of him, and the duo's long-running show has been closed.
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Which State's Marriage Equality Proposal Will Make SCOTUS Say 'I Do?'