Roy Horn gets back on his feet
March 04 2004 12:00 AM ET
Five months after he was mauled by a tiger, illusionist Roy Horn, of Siegfried and Roy, is able to walk again with the help of a wheeled walking aid, a spokeswoman for the duo said Tuesday. Horn, 59, managed to walk 558 paces last week with the assistance of the device, spokeswoman Claudia Dressler said from Munich, Germany, adding that he has "strong willpower" and is training intensively. Horn was mauled by a 300-pound white tiger in Las Vegas on October 3. His partner, German-born magician Siegfried Fischbacher, has downplayed Horn's injuries from the attack, describing the illusionist's wound as "a little punch hole" on the left side of his neck. Fischbacher has said a stroke Horn suffered afterward resulted from blood pressure medication that sometimes made him feel faint. MGM Mirage officials say Horn has a long recovery ahead of him, and the duo's long-running show has been closed.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'