O'Haver to make Magick for DreamWorks
March 09 2004 1:00 AM ET
Out filmmaker Tommy O'Haver, who directed the upcoming Ella Enchanted for Miramax Films, has signed on to direct Magick for DreamWorks and Robert Zemeckis's Imagemovers. The plot line for the project is being closely guarded, described only as a comedy about a man and woman who switch bodies. The filmmakers are known to be after a high-profile writing team to write the screenplay, though no deals are yet in place. Zemeckis will produce along with Imagemovers' Steve Starkey and Jack Rapke. The company's Bennett Schneir is overseeing. O'Haver, currently in Ireland putting the finishing touches on the score for Ella Enchanted, previously directed Get Over It and Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media