Ilene Chaiken to write screenplay for Goldwyn brothers
March 25 2004 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Ilene Chaiken, the out creator of Showtime's The L Word, will write a thriller for producer John Goldwyn that will be directed by his brother, Tony Goldwyn (A Walk on the Moon). Tony Goldwyn, also known for his performance in Ghost, met Chaiken and collaborated with her on the idea for the film during a recent stint as a director on The L Word. The new film, which is being made at Paramount, will tell the story of two men fighting together in Iraq. When the richer of the two dies in battle, the poor one appropriates his identity for a glimpse of the high life. No word yet regarding shooting dates or casting.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- The 10 Best LGBT Documentaries of 2014
- WATCH: As Santa, Obama Destroys Gender Stereotypes
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: That Time Audra McDonald Spent a Night on the Streets