Christopher Plummer to play Cardinal Law in Showtime's Our Fathers
April 14 2004 11:00 PM ET
Veteran actor Christopher Plummer is set to star in Our Fathers, Showtime's adaptation of David France's book about the sexual abuse scandal in the U.S. Roman Catholic Church. Plummer will play Boston's controversial Cardinal Bernard Law, who, with his repeated failure to remove abusive priests from the ministry, found himself at the center of the crisis, leading to his resignation in December 2002. Plummer's work portraying real people has included The Insider, in which he played CBS news man Mike Wallace, and the HBO TV movie Winchell, in which he played President Franklin Roosevelt. (Reuters/The Hollywood Reporter)
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Separate or Together?
- Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 4 min 56 sec ago
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM