Showtime picks up Queer as Folk for fifth season
May 06 2004 12:00 AM ET
Showtime has ordered another round of the gay-themed series Queer as Folk. The 13-episode fifth season of the show is slated to begin in spring 2005. "Since its premiere in 2000, Queer as Folk has distinguished itself not only as a valuable signature series for Showtime, but it has significantly helped change the television landscape by portraying gay men and women as fully dimensional characters," said Showtime's out president of entertainment, Robert Greenblatt. "It is responsible for blazing the trail for other gay-themed programs to thrive. Its fifth season will be no less impactful, as we continue the compelling stories and relationships that have made this series so indelible."
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series