Showtime picks up Queer as Folk for fifth season
May 06 2004 12:00 AM ET
Showtime has ordered another round of the gay-themed series Queer as Folk. The 13-episode fifth season of the show is slated to begin in spring 2005. "Since its premiere in 2000, Queer as Folk has distinguished itself not only as a valuable signature series for Showtime, but it has significantly helped change the television landscape by portraying gay men and women as fully dimensional characters," said Showtime's out president of entertainment, Robert Greenblatt. "It is responsible for blazing the trail for other gay-themed programs to thrive. Its fifth season will be no less impactful, as we continue the compelling stories and relationships that have made this series so indelible."
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Priest Dismissed by Catholic College Comes Out as Gay
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend