Gay "Baghdad blogger" gets movie deal
May 13 2004 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that Intermedia has bought the film rights to The Baghdad Blog, a book based on the Web log by Salam Pax, a gay Iraqi man who reported on conditions in his country during the early days of the war. "He's like a [High Fidelity author] Nick Hornby in the middle of a war," said Scott Kroopf, chairman of Intermedia's film division, in an interview with ScreenDaily.com. Pax now writes a column for British newspaper The Guardian.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar