Gay "Baghdad blogger" gets movie deal
May 13 2004 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that Intermedia has bought the film rights to The Baghdad Blog, a book based on the Web log by Salam Pax, a gay Iraqi man who reported on conditions in his country during the early days of the war. "He's like a [High Fidelity author] Nick Hornby in the middle of a war," said Scott Kroopf, chairman of Intermedia's film division, in an interview with ScreenDaily.com. Pax now writes a column for British newspaper The Guardian.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Thomas Roberts Quits Hosting Miss USA Pageant Over Donald Trump's Anti-Mexican Rant