Gay "Baghdad blogger" gets movie deal
May 13 2004 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that Intermedia has bought the film rights to The Baghdad Blog, a book based on the Web log by Salam Pax, a gay Iraqi man who reported on conditions in his country during the early days of the war. "He's like a [High Fidelity author] Nick Hornby in the middle of a war," said Scott Kroopf, chairman of Intermedia's film division, in an interview with ScreenDaily.com. Pax now writes a column for British newspaper The Guardian.
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'