Gay "Baghdad blogger" gets movie deal
May 13 2004 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that Intermedia has bought the film rights to The Baghdad Blog, a book based on the Web log by Salam Pax, a gay Iraqi man who reported on conditions in his country during the early days of the war. "He's like a [High Fidelity author] Nick Hornby in the middle of a war," said Scott Kroopf, chairman of Intermedia's film division, in an interview with ScreenDaily.com. Pax now writes a column for British newspaper The Guardian.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community