Gay "Baghdad blogger" gets movie deal
May 13 2004 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that Intermedia has bought the film rights to The Baghdad Blog, a book based on the Web log by Salam Pax, a gay Iraqi man who reported on conditions in his country during the early days of the war. "He's like a [High Fidelity author] Nick Hornby in the middle of a war," said Scott Kroopf, chairman of Intermedia's film division, in an interview with ScreenDaily.com. Pax now writes a column for British newspaper The Guardian.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt