Roadside Attractions acquires Tying the Knot
June 18 2004 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that independent distributor Roadside Attractions (Super Size Me) has acquired North American rights to Jim De Seve's documentary Tying the Knot, about the battle to legalize same-sex marriage. The film is scheduled to be released in October, prior to the November presidential election. "Gay marriage is the most important civil rights issue of our time and has become a hot-button topic in this election year," said Eric d'Arbeloff and Howard Cohen, copresidents of Roadside Attractions, in a statement.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over