Queen musical We Will Rock You headed for Las Vegas
June 23 2004 11:00 PM ET
We Will Rock You, the London stage musical featuring songs from the band Queen, will make its U.S. debut at the Paris Las Vegas hotel in August, according to Playbill.com. The musical, which debuted in London in May 2002, will play the 1,450-seat Paris Theatre des Arts for an open-ended run. We Will Rock You follows recent Tony-winner Avenue Q in forgoing a national tour in favor of establishing a relatively permanent residence on the Las Vegas strip. However, Rock coproducer Jane Rosenthal told Variety, "This doesn't preclude us from opening in any other city. There has been a definite question of whether to come to New York, and we [studied] the challenge of opening in New York. We wouldn't rule out any opportunity [down the road]."
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- PHOTOS: Jesus Days
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- Is Winnie the Pooh Transgender or Intersex?