Queen musical We Will Rock You headed for Las Vegas
June 24 2004 12:00 AM ET
We Will Rock You, the London stage musical featuring songs from the band Queen, will make its U.S. debut at the Paris Las Vegas hotel in August, according to Playbill.com. The musical, which debuted in London in May 2002, will play the 1,450-seat Paris Theatre des Arts for an open-ended run. We Will Rock You follows recent Tony-winner Avenue Q in forgoing a national tour in favor of establishing a relatively permanent residence on the Las Vegas strip. However, Rock coproducer Jane Rosenthal told Variety, "This doesn't preclude us from opening in any other city. There has been a definite question of whether to come to New York, and we [studied] the challenge of opening in New York. We wouldn't rule out any opportunity [down the road]."
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children