Queen musical We Will Rock You headed for Las Vegas
June 24 2004 12:00 AM ET
We Will Rock You, the London stage musical featuring songs from the band Queen, will make its U.S. debut at the Paris Las Vegas hotel in August, according to Playbill.com. The musical, which debuted in London in May 2002, will play the 1,450-seat Paris Theatre des Arts for an open-ended run. We Will Rock You follows recent Tony-winner Avenue Q in forgoing a national tour in favor of establishing a relatively permanent residence on the Las Vegas strip. However, Rock coproducer Jane Rosenthal told Variety, "This doesn't preclude us from opening in any other city. There has been a definite question of whether to come to New York, and we [studied] the challenge of opening in New York. We wouldn't rule out any opportunity [down the road]."
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict in Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Antigay Activist Uses Robin Williams's Death to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy
- Federal Judge Rules Indiana Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages