Queen musical We Will Rock You headed for Las Vegas
June 24 2004 12:00 AM ET
We Will Rock You, the London stage musical featuring songs from the band Queen, will make its U.S. debut at the Paris Las Vegas hotel in August, according to Playbill.com. The musical, which debuted in London in May 2002, will play the 1,450-seat Paris Theatre des Arts for an open-ended run. We Will Rock You follows recent Tony-winner Avenue Q in forgoing a national tour in favor of establishing a relatively permanent residence on the Las Vegas strip. However, Rock coproducer Jane Rosenthal told Variety, "This doesn't preclude us from opening in any other city. There has been a definite question of whether to come to New York, and we [studied] the challenge of opening in New York. We wouldn't rule out any opportunity [down the road]."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer