Mario Cantone to star in one-man Broadway show
July 09 2004 12:00 AM ET
Mario Cantone, best known as the acid-tongued Anthony Marantino on HBO's Sex and the City, will arrive on Broadway this fall in a new one-man show, Laugh Whore. The production, directed by Tony-winner Joe Mantello, opens October 17 at the Cort Theatre, with preview performances expected to start in late September, it was announced Wednesday. Cantone is a veteran stand-up comedian and will offer his acerbic views on current events plus his take on celebrities old and new. Cantone is now appearing on Broadway in the Roundabout Theatre Company revival of Assassins, the Stephen Sondheim-John Weidman musical. It runs through July 18 at Studio 54. (AP)
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women