Wahlberg, Bullock heat up casting for Truman Capote biopic
July 31 2004 12:00 AM ET
Mark Wahlberg has joined the cast of Douglas McGrath's Every Word Is True, a biopic about legendary gay author Truman Capote, and Sandra Bullock is in negotiations, according to Variety. Wahlberg will play Perry Smith, one of the two killers whose story is chronicled in Capote's In Cold Blood, and Bullock is circling the role of Capote's close friend Harper Lee, the author of To Kill a Mockingbird. British stage actor Toby Jones, best known to American audiences as the voice of house elf Dobby in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, will play Capote. Killer Films is producing Every Word, set to start shooting November 15, and McGrath (Emma) has based his script on George Plimpton's 1997 book Truman Capote: In Which Various Friends, Enemies, Acquaintances and Detractors Recall His Turbulent Career.
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again