Wahlberg, Bullock heat up casting for Truman Capote biopic
July 31 2004 12:00 AM ET
Mark Wahlberg has joined the cast of Douglas McGrath's Every Word Is True, a biopic about legendary gay author Truman Capote, and Sandra Bullock is in negotiations, according to Variety. Wahlberg will play Perry Smith, one of the two killers whose story is chronicled in Capote's In Cold Blood, and Bullock is circling the role of Capote's close friend Harper Lee, the author of To Kill a Mockingbird. British stage actor Toby Jones, best known to American audiences as the voice of house elf Dobby in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, will play Capote. Killer Films is producing Every Word, set to start shooting November 15, and McGrath (Emma) has based his script on George Plimpton's 1997 book Truman Capote: In Which Various Friends, Enemies, Acquaintances and Detractors Recall His Turbulent Career.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- India Gets First Transgender TV News Anchor
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- Ugandan LGBT-rights Activist Granted Asylum
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?