Melissa Etheridge pledges support to Gay Games
August 04 2004 12:00 AM ET
The Federation of Gay Games and Chicago Games Inc. announced this week that out singer Melissa Etheridge has signed on as a Gay Games Ambassador to demonstrate her support for Gay Games VII, scheduled for July 15-22, 2006, in Chicago. "As a musician, I have seen how powerfully the arts can break down the barriers that divide us," said Etheridge in a statement. "The Gay Games brings people together around sports and culture, inspiring us to build a world without bigotry. I support the Gay Games because it is a joyful international celebration of diversity, individuality, and equality."
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Even Former NOM Executives Believe Marriage Equality Is Imminent
- 10 Mushy Moments With Brittney Griner And Glory Johnson