Melissa Etheridge pledges support to Gay Games
August 03 2004 11:00 PM ET
The Federation of Gay Games and Chicago Games Inc. announced this week that out singer Melissa Etheridge has signed on as a Gay Games Ambassador to demonstrate her support for Gay Games VII, scheduled for July 15-22, 2006, in Chicago. "As a musician, I have seen how powerfully the arts can break down the barriers that divide us," said Etheridge in a statement. "The Gay Games brings people together around sports and culture, inspiring us to build a world without bigotry. I support the Gay Games because it is a joyful international celebration of diversity, individuality, and equality."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment