Melissa Etheridge pledges support to Gay Games
August 04 2004 12:00 AM ET
The Federation of Gay Games and Chicago Games Inc. announced this week that out singer Melissa Etheridge has signed on as a Gay Games Ambassador to demonstrate her support for Gay Games VII, scheduled for July 15-22, 2006, in Chicago. "As a musician, I have seen how powerfully the arts can break down the barriers that divide us," said Etheridge in a statement. "The Gay Games brings people together around sports and culture, inspiring us to build a world without bigotry. I support the Gay Games because it is a joyful international celebration of diversity, individuality, and equality."
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes