Melissa Etheridge pledges support to Gay Games
August 04 2004 12:00 AM ET
The Federation of Gay Games and Chicago Games Inc. announced this week that out singer Melissa Etheridge has signed on as a Gay Games Ambassador to demonstrate her support for Gay Games VII, scheduled for July 15-22, 2006, in Chicago. "As a musician, I have seen how powerfully the arts can break down the barriers that divide us," said Etheridge in a statement. "The Gay Games brings people together around sports and culture, inspiring us to build a world without bigotry. I support the Gay Games because it is a joyful international celebration of diversity, individuality, and equality."
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Jamie Foxx Called Out for Crossing Line on Bruce Jenner Jokes
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Op-ed: Why Labeling Others As 'Privileged' Isn't Helping Trans Activists