Melissa Etheridge pledges support to Gay Games
August 04 2004 12:00 AM ET
The Federation of Gay Games and Chicago Games Inc. announced this week that out singer Melissa Etheridge has signed on as a Gay Games Ambassador to demonstrate her support for Gay Games VII, scheduled for July 15-22, 2006, in Chicago. "As a musician, I have seen how powerfully the arts can break down the barriers that divide us," said Etheridge in a statement. "The Gay Games brings people together around sports and culture, inspiring us to build a world without bigotry. I support the Gay Games because it is a joyful international celebration of diversity, individuality, and equality."
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination