Here TV to produce first gay-themed Christmas special
August 05 2004 12:00 AM ET
The gay and lesbian premium cable network Here TV has begun production on what it calls the first-ever gay-themed family holiday special, "Too Cool for Christmas." The network also has plans to film a second version with a straight-themed story line, titled "A Very Cool Christmas," which will be sold internationally. "Cool," produced in association with Shavick/Insight Studios, stars Brooke Nevin, George Hamilton, and Donna Mills. The special, written by Michael Gelbart and directed by out filmmaker Sam Irvin (Elvira's Haunted Hills), will air on Here TV in December.
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion