Here TV to produce first gay-themed Christmas special
August 04 2004 11:00 PM ET
The gay and lesbian premium cable network Here TV has begun production on what it calls the first-ever gay-themed family holiday special, "Too Cool for Christmas." The network also has plans to film a second version with a straight-themed story line, titled "A Very Cool Christmas," which will be sold internationally. "Cool," produced in association with Shavick/Insight Studios, stars Brooke Nevin, George Hamilton, and Donna Mills. The special, written by Michael Gelbart and directed by out filmmaker Sam Irvin (Elvira's Haunted Hills), will air on Here TV in December.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role