Rosie O'Donnell teams with HBO for documentary on R Family Cruises
August 07 2004 12:00 AM ET
Rosie O'Donnell is setting sail with HBO to make a documentary about a gay family cruise. The cruise, which hosted 500 nontraditional families on a weeklong adventure to Key West and the Bahamas, was chartered July 11-18 by O'Donnell's R Family Vacations, which caters to the gay and lesbian market. The documentary will air next year. "We're delighted to be in business with Rosie again, and we are honored that she is entrusting this documentary--which explores true family values and celebrates difference--to HBO," Sheila Nevins, president of HBO Documentary and Family, said in a statement. Advocate columnist O'Donnell has worked with HBO before on the family special Rosie O'Donnell's Kids Are Punny and an HBO Comedy Hour stand-up special. O'Donnell and her partner, Kelli, will executive-produce the documentary with Nevins.
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong