Feature film and TV series in the works from Gregg Araki
August 09 2004 11:00 PM ET
Out director Gregg Araki (The Living End, The Doom Generation), whose new movie Mysterious Skin will premiere later this year at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has another new film as well as a TV series in the works, according to Variety. Araki is currently working on Creeeps! a feature about young people who have unexpected visitors in a Malibu, Calif., beach house, and the half-hour series Get Lost, which producer Mary Jane Skalski describes as a "young, pansexual Sex and the City with David Lynch-like elements." Skalski is producing the series, which Araki created, and both new films. She also plans to find a U.S. distributor for Mysterious Skin following its festival debuts and is developing a screen version of out author J.T. LeRoy's Sarah, to be directed by Steven Shainberg (Secretary).
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'