Feature film and TV series in the works from Gregg Araki
August 10 2004 12:00 AM ET
Out director Gregg Araki (The Living End, The Doom Generation), whose new movie Mysterious Skin will premiere later this year at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has another new film as well as a TV series in the works, according to Variety. Araki is currently working on Creeeps! a feature about young people who have unexpected visitors in a Malibu, Calif., beach house, and the half-hour series Get Lost, which producer Mary Jane Skalski describes as a "young, pansexual Sex and the City with David Lynch-like elements." Skalski is producing the series, which Araki created, and both new films. She also plans to find a U.S. distributor for Mysterious Skin following its festival debuts and is developing a screen version of out author J.T. LeRoy's Sarah, to be directed by Steven Shainberg (Secretary).
- Op-ed: Orange Is the New Black Proves to Be the Model of Queer TV
- Chicago Radio Station Slurs Laverne Cox As She's Featured in John Legend Video
- #TBT: WWII and the Buddy System
- Laverne Cox: The Making of an Icon
- Which LGBT Icon Deserves a Biopic?
- Orange is the New Black Earns 12 Emmy Nominations, Laverne Cox Makes History