Graham Norton's memoirs reveal he almost became a rent boy
August 20 2004 12:00 AM ET
In an excerpt from his forthcoming (in the United Kingdom) memoirs, published in London's Sunday Times, Graham Norton reveals that he applied for a job as a rent boy but then bailed before actually taking the position. "Given that my only homosexual experience up to this point was a fumble in a French tent," the out chat-show host writes, "it seemed a teeny-weeny bit sexually ambitious of me to apply for a job as a rent boy, but that is what I did.... Perhaps I thought it would be a sort of Reader's Digest course in sexuality." Ultimately, however, he realized that the gig would be a big mistake, and he passed. His talk show, The Graham Norton Effect, currently airs Thursday nights on Comedy Central.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet