Graham Norton's memoirs reveal he almost became a rent boy
August 20 2004 12:00 AM ET
In an excerpt from his forthcoming (in the United Kingdom) memoirs, published in London's Sunday Times, Graham Norton reveals that he applied for a job as a rent boy but then bailed before actually taking the position. "Given that my only homosexual experience up to this point was a fumble in a French tent," the out chat-show host writes, "it seemed a teeny-weeny bit sexually ambitious of me to apply for a job as a rent boy, but that is what I did.... Perhaps I thought it would be a sort of Reader's Digest course in sexuality." Ultimately, however, he realized that the gig would be a big mistake, and he passed. His talk show, The Graham Norton Effect, currently airs Thursday nights on Comedy Central.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion