BloodRayne, written by Guinevere Turner, goes into production with Ben Kingsley and Michelle Rodriguez
August 20 2004 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that the screen adaptation of the video game BloodRayne, featuring a script by out writer-actor Guinevere Turner (The L Word, American Psycho, Go Fish), has begun production in Romania. The film stars Ben Kingsley, Kristanna Loken, and Michelle Rodriguez in a tale of fearless vampire hunters who happen to be led by a woman (Loken) who is half-human and half-vampire. Turner moved the game's Nazi-era German setting to Transylvania in the 18th century. The film will also star Matthew Davis (Tigerland, Legally Blonde) and Will Sanderson. Turner's next project to hit the screen will be The Ballad of Bettie Page, starring Gretchen Mol and directed by Mary Herron (American Psycho, I Shot Andy Warhol).
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- Op-ed: The Real Ramifications of the Rentboy Raid
- Why Are We Gay?
- WATCH: Kentucky Same-Sex Couples Discuss Kim Davis's Denial