BloodRayne, written by Guinevere Turner, goes into production with Ben Kingsley and Michelle Rodriguez
August 20 2004 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that the screen adaptation of the video game BloodRayne, featuring a script by out writer-actor Guinevere Turner (The L Word, American Psycho, Go Fish), has begun production in Romania. The film stars Ben Kingsley, Kristanna Loken, and Michelle Rodriguez in a tale of fearless vampire hunters who happen to be led by a woman (Loken) who is half-human and half-vampire. Turner moved the game's Nazi-era German setting to Transylvania in the 18th century. The film will also star Matthew Davis (Tigerland, Legally Blonde) and Will Sanderson. Turner's next project to hit the screen will be The Ballad of Bettie Page, starring Gretchen Mol and directed by Mary Herron (American Psycho, I Shot Andy Warhol).
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island