Joan Plowright to star in new Dan Ireland film
September 10 2004 12:00 AM ET
Joan Plowright will star in Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont, the next film from out filmmaker Dan Ireland (The Whole Wide World), reports Variety. Plowright will play a widow who enters a retirement hotel following the death of her husband and, when her family doesn't visit, finds a young author who is willing to pretend to be her grandson. The film, based on a 1971 novel by British writer Elizabeth Taylor, begins shooting in London next week.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- Op-ed: What I Learned Protesting in Ferguson
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail