Joan Plowright to star in new Dan Ireland film
September 10 2004 12:00 AM ET
Joan Plowright will star in Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont, the next film from out filmmaker Dan Ireland (The Whole Wide World), reports Variety. Plowright will play a widow who enters a retirement hotel following the death of her husband and, when her family doesn't visit, finds a young author who is willing to pretend to be her grandson. The film, based on a 1971 novel by British writer Elizabeth Taylor, begins shooting in London next week.
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Op-ed: Michael Sam Helps Therapy Come Out of the Closet
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude