Joan Plowright to star in new Dan Ireland film
September 10 2004 12:00 AM ET
Joan Plowright will star in Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont, the next film from out filmmaker Dan Ireland (The Whole Wide World), reports Variety. Plowright will play a widow who enters a retirement hotel following the death of her husband and, when her family doesn't visit, finds a young author who is willing to pretend to be her grandson. The film, based on a 1971 novel by British writer Elizabeth Taylor, begins shooting in London next week.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Op-ed: Helping Gays Find Love Isn't Easy, Especially In the South
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- Smith College Now Admits Trans Women