Basic Instinct sequel makes a comeback
September 14 2004 12:00 AM ET
Sharon Stone is back as Catherine Trammel, the bisexual ice-pick wielding seductress. The director of the murder-mystery movie Basic Instinct has recently settled a three-year lawsuit with Stone. Michael Caton-Jones, who previously worked on City by the Sea, The Jackal, and Memphis Belle, is now negotiating to direct Basic Instinct 2. The sequel, which was supposed to start production in 2000, was delayed due to financial constraints and difficulty in finding a male costar.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- Will South Dakota Student Athletes Have to Undergo Genital Exams?