Original Forbidden Broadway producer Jonathan Scharer dead at 56
September 15 2004 12:00 AM ET
Jonathan Mark Scharer, the original producer of the satirical revue Forbidden Broadway, died of cancer on September 7, according to The New York Times. Scharer, who is survived by his companion, James Caselli, along with his parents and a sister, also produced national tours for rock acts like Blondie, Bob Marley, Talking Heads, and Big Audio Dynamite. He was associate producer and eventually coproducer of out musician Michael Feinstein's show Michael Feinstein in Concert, which ran on Broadway in 1988.
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- WATCH: Atlanta Trans Women Beaten on Train as Bystanders Film
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times