Original Forbidden Broadway producer Jonathan Scharer dead at 56
September 15 2004 12:00 AM ET
Jonathan Mark Scharer, the original producer of the satirical revue Forbidden Broadway, died of cancer on September 7, according to The New York Times. Scharer, who is survived by his companion, James Caselli, along with his parents and a sister, also produced national tours for rock acts like Blondie, Bob Marley, Talking Heads, and Big Audio Dynamite. He was associate producer and eventually coproducer of out musician Michael Feinstein's show Michael Feinstein in Concert, which ran on Broadway in 1988.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban