Original Forbidden Broadway producer Jonathan Scharer dead at 56
September 15 2004 12:00 AM ET
Jonathan Mark Scharer, the original producer of the satirical revue Forbidden Broadway, died of cancer on September 7, according to The New York Times. Scharer, who is survived by his companion, James Caselli, along with his parents and a sister, also produced national tours for rock acts like Blondie, Bob Marley, Talking Heads, and Big Audio Dynamite. He was associate producer and eventually coproducer of out musician Michael Feinstein's show Michael Feinstein in Concert, which ran on Broadway in 1988.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Will GOP Candidates Sign NOM’s 2016 Hate Pledge?
- Where Are 1.5 Million Missing Black Men?