Logo founder passed over for president's post
October 07 2004 12:00 AM ET
Judy McGrath, chairman and CEO of MTV Networks, announced Wednesday key executive appointments for MTV's forthcoming gay and lesbian cable channel Logo. Van Toffler, previously the president of MTV, MTV2, and MTV Films, will now be MTV Network Groups president, which will make him responsible for MTV, MTV2, VH1, CMT, and Logo. Brian Graden, already president of programming for MTV Networks Music Group, will also be president of Logo. Matt Farber will have the title of founder for Logo as well as being an MTV Networks consultant. That position will have him developing media and entertainment opportunities for the LGBT audience as well as what an MTV press release calls "other underserved groups."
In a statement McGrath said, "I'm so thrilled to tap into Brian's creative strength for Logo and to extend his programming expertise to CMT and our international channels as well. Brian has brought innovation and an unprecedented number of hits to MTV. He has been instrumental in the reinvention of VH1, which has never been hotter, and he's already played a key role in the development process at Logo. With Brian at the helm, I am confident that Logo will be successful and will have an authentic voice that will resonate with its audience." She also added, "I will be forever grateful to Matt Farber for bringing us the concept for Logo and for all his incredible work in the prelaunch and development process. I look forward to continuing to be able to tap into his passion and great entrepreneurial skills for our future businesses."
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman 2 hours 13 min ago
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men 2 hours 20 min ago
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM