Ryan Murphy may leave Nip/Tuck
October 06 2004 11:00 PM ET
Nip/Tuck, the FX series about the lives and loves of
two plastic surgeons, is on a critical and popular high.
Still, the show's openly gay creator, Ryan Murphy, may be
leaving it behind, according to the Los Angeles
Times. "We absolutely intend to have Ryan back and will
negotiate fully to make that happen," said Peter Liguori,
FX's president and CEO, about the fact that Murphy's
contract with the network has not yet been renewed. But
Murphy tells the Times, "I really have no idea what
I'm going to do." One thing that Murphy will definitely do
is go into production as writer-director of the movie
version of Augusten Burroughs's harrowing and hilarious
childhood memoir Running with Scissors, which is set
to star Julianne Moore, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Brian Cox.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment