Melissa Etheridge battles breast cancer
October 09 2004 12:00 AM ET
Representatives for singer-songwriter Melissa Etheridge released a statement Friday saying that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Thanks to early detection and progressive treatment, Etheridge's physician expects a speedy and complete recovery. Because of her impending surgery, Etheridge has had to cancel upcoming concert dates. In the statement, Etheridge said, "I am fortunate to be under a wonderful doctor's care and thankful that this was caught early. I am looking forward to a quick and full recovery." Etheridge will be recuperating at her home in Los Angeles with her wife, actress Tammy Lynn Michaels, and two children.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- WATCH: The Prancing Elites Make It Rain
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'