Melissa Etheridge battles breast cancer
October 09 2004 12:00 AM ET
Representatives for singer-songwriter Melissa Etheridge released a statement Friday saying that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Thanks to early detection and progressive treatment, Etheridge's physician expects a speedy and complete recovery. Because of her impending surgery, Etheridge has had to cancel upcoming concert dates. In the statement, Etheridge said, "I am fortunate to be under a wonderful doctor's care and thankful that this was caught early. I am looking forward to a quick and full recovery." Etheridge will be recuperating at her home in Los Angeles with her wife, actress Tammy Lynn Michaels, and two children.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality