Melissa Etheridge battles breast cancer
October 09 2004 12:00 AM ET
Representatives for singer-songwriter Melissa Etheridge released a statement Friday saying that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Thanks to early detection and progressive treatment, Etheridge's physician expects a speedy and complete recovery. Because of her impending surgery, Etheridge has had to cancel upcoming concert dates. In the statement, Etheridge said, "I am fortunate to be under a wonderful doctor's care and thankful that this was caught early. I am looking forward to a quick and full recovery." Etheridge will be recuperating at her home in Los Angeles with her wife, actress Tammy Lynn Michaels, and two children.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- WATCH: As Marriage Equality Spreads, Judge Rules NOM Can't Recoup $700K in Legal Fees
- BREAKING: Wyo. Won't Appeal Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet