Melissa Etheridge battles breast cancer
October 09 2004 12:00 AM ET
Representatives for singer-songwriter Melissa Etheridge released a statement Friday saying that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Thanks to early detection and progressive treatment, Etheridge's physician expects a speedy and complete recovery. Because of her impending surgery, Etheridge has had to cancel upcoming concert dates. In the statement, Etheridge said, "I am fortunate to be under a wonderful doctor's care and thankful that this was caught early. I am looking forward to a quick and full recovery." Etheridge will be recuperating at her home in Los Angeles with her wife, actress Tammy Lynn Michaels, and two children.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children