Oliver Stone says Alexander will include bisexual content
October 14 2004 12:00 AM ET
MSNBC.com's Jeannette Walls reports that director Oliver Stone says his new film Alexander will address the subject of Alexander the Great's bisexuality. In an interview in the upcoming issue of Playboy, Stone says, "We go into his bisexuality. It may offend some people, but sexuality in those days was a different thing. Pre-Christian morality. Young boys were with boys when they wanted to be." Conflicting reports have been emerging over whether or not Alexander will depict the conqueror's sexuality. Earlier this year Colin Farrell, who plays the title role, told Entertainment Weekly that some gay audiences might be irked that he has a love scene with Rosario Dawson (as Alexander's wife) but not with Jared Leto (as Hephaestion, a man many historians believe to have been Alexander's lover). Alexander is scheduled to open in the United States on November 24.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 10 min 49 sec ago
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 19 min 35 sec ago
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 1 hour 8 min ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 1 hour 40 min ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 1 hour 46 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 2 hours 46 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 10:58 AM