Oliver Stone says Alexander will include bisexual content
October 14 2004 12:00 AM ET
MSNBC.com's Jeannette Walls reports that director Oliver Stone says his new film Alexander will address the subject of Alexander the Great's bisexuality. In an interview in the upcoming issue of Playboy, Stone says, "We go into his bisexuality. It may offend some people, but sexuality in those days was a different thing. Pre-Christian morality. Young boys were with boys when they wanted to be." Conflicting reports have been emerging over whether or not Alexander will depict the conqueror's sexuality. Earlier this year Colin Farrell, who plays the title role, told Entertainment Weekly that some gay audiences might be irked that he has a love scene with Rosario Dawson (as Alexander's wife) but not with Jared Leto (as Hephaestion, a man many historians believe to have been Alexander's lover). Alexander is scheduled to open in the United States on November 24.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word