Saved! director Brian Dannelly circling Army Geek
October 21 2004 12:00 AM ET
Out Saved! director Brian Dannelly is in negotiations to direct Army Geek for Fox 2000. Dannelly and his writing partner, Michael Urban, also are working on the script by Joe Wein. Paul and Chris Weitz (About a Boy) are producing, with their Depth of Field company's Andrew Miano coproducing. Like Saved!, Army is a coming-of-age tale. This one revolves around a directionless high school graduate who eventually becomes a man at an Army boot camp where he's whipped into shape by his female drill sergeant. "Brian and Michael are passionate about making a comedy that puts a human face on an important subject. I was impressed by their empathy for the characters and their desire to address what's becoming a more and more pertinent topic," Paul Weitz said.
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- In The Studio: Artists and Nude Models
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Are These the Most Antigay Governors in America?
- PHOTOS: U.S. Marine Now in Filipino Custody After Protests Over Trans Woman's Murder