Saved! director Brian Dannelly circling Army Geek
October 21 2004 12:00 AM ET
Out Saved! director Brian Dannelly is in negotiations to direct Army Geek for Fox 2000. Dannelly and his writing partner, Michael Urban, also are working on the script by Joe Wein. Paul and Chris Weitz (About a Boy) are producing, with their Depth of Field company's Andrew Miano coproducing. Like Saved!, Army is a coming-of-age tale. This one revolves around a directionless high school graduate who eventually becomes a man at an Army boot camp where he's whipped into shape by his female drill sergeant. "Brian and Michael are passionate about making a comedy that puts a human face on an important subject. I was impressed by their empathy for the characters and their desire to address what's becoming a more and more pertinent topic," Paul Weitz said.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?