McKellen to be inducted into Theatre Hall of Fame
October 22 2004 12:00 AM ET
Out actor Sir Ian McKellen is one of eight theater professionals who will be inducted into the Theatre Hall of Fame in January, according to Playbill.com. Joining him will be fellow actors Gregory Hines, Estelle Parsons, Len Cariou, and Brian Murray, along with playwright A.R. Gurney, designer Santo Loquasto, and producer Elizabeth Ireland McCann. Selections for the honor were made by 350 voting members of the Hall of Fame and the American Theatre Critics Association. The induction ceremony will take place on January 24 at New York's Gershwin Theater.
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion